To apply for an Oleo Medical Cannabis ID card you will need 4 forms of identification and a recent valid photo
- Evidence of Identification* (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current valid Passport, current valid Driving Licence.
- Evidence of Address* (must show address where you currently live) dated within the last three months) i.e. Original of recent Utility Bill, Original Recent Bank/Credit Card Statement, Government correspondence.
- Evidence of your Cannabis for Medical Use Register (CMUR) number
- Recent valid photo. Please see Oleo's photo guidelines for more information.
* Proof of Identification and address must be certified by a Garda or Notary.
Register for Card
Some of the benefits of the Oleo Medical Cannabis ID Card
- Proof of recommendation from a Consultant to use cannabis for medical purposes
- Reduce stigma associated with medical cannabis
- Access to our educational platform which focuses on safe and responsible use
Card printer provider process
- Patient photos are sent to our card printer provider via a secure file server
- Names, ID numbers, and addresses are sent separately.
- Cards and certificates are printed and posted to their home address.
- 48 hours after confirmation of the posting, the information on card provider servers is deleted.
- Visit a photo provider, e.g a pharmacy or photographer who will take your photo and provide it to you in digital form
- Your photo can be either emailed to you or it can be saved to a digital storage device such as a USB key
- Your photo must be accessible on the device you are using to apply online
Photo taken using phone
- Get someone to take your photo, it cannot be a selfie or from a webcam
- Do not use the zooming function when using a digital camera or smartphone
- The photo should capture the image from head to mid-torso
Posture and visuals
- Background should be plain, light grey, white or cream and please no door frames or other objects visible.
- Your photo must be in focus, lighting, and colour should be balanced, not too dark or too light
- No shadows on your face or behind your head
- Keep hair off your face and make sure all facial features are visible
- When wearing glasses, make sure there is no glare on the lens and eyes are visible
- Have a neutral expression, keep the mouth closed and refrain from smiling
- Look straight into the camera, do not tilt your head up/down or left /right
- Please have a visible space between the head and shoulders and the edge of your photo to ensure the face is not too close to the camera